About Volunteer Onslow
Volunteer Onslow is THE place for volunteerism in Onslow County. We work with a variety of agencies across the county to discover their needs, and we fill those needs with willing volunteers from the community. Sign up, GET CONNECTED, and start volunteering TODAY!
United Way is committed to recruiting one million volunteer readers, tutors and mentors. It takes 12 years to create a student who graduates or who drops out, but during that time:
VOLUNTEER READERS can help ensure children can read well by 4th grade, when they will start using their reading skills to learn;
VOLUNTEER TUTORS can help prepare students for a successful transition into middle and high school and be ready for new challenges; and
VOLUNTEER MENTORS can help prepare high school students for college or work.
United Way is seeking one million people just like you to join us to help children success in school. Anyone with a passion and commitment can help a young person achieve greater academic success.
Thank you joining United Way of Onslow County in doing their part for our community. Change won't happen without you.
- David M: replied to the Need "Guardian Ad Litem's" - Apr 18, 2015
- David M: joined the site - Apr 18, 2015
- Bradley T: replied to the Need "Administrative Professional Volunteer" - Apr 17, 2015
- Bradley T: joined the site - Apr 17, 2015
- Cathy J: became a fan of "Onslow Women's Center,INC." - Apr 17, 2015
- Cathy J: became a fan of "Onslow Senior Services" - Apr 17, 2015
- Cathy J: became a fan of "Onslow Memorial Hospital Auxiliary" - Apr 17, 2015
- Cathy J: became a fan of "Onslow County Parks & Recreation" - Apr 17, 2015
- Cathy J: became a fan of "Sneads Ferry Shrimp Festival" - Apr 17, 2015
- Cathy J: became a fan of "Salvation Army" - Apr 17, 2015
- United Way: posted a need "Jacksonville Police Department & NC Officer's DARE Association Bike Rodeo Volunteers Needed" - Apr 7, 2015
- Crystal Coast Habitat for Humanity: posted a need "System Tracking Only- Please Do Not Respond To This Need" - Apr 7, 2015
- Special Education Alliance 4 Eastern North Carolina: posted an event "Parent to Parent Connection and Sibshop night!" - Apr 4, 2015
- Special Education Alliance 4 Eastern North Carolina: posted an event "Family Fun Run! **SEEKING VOLUNTEERS!" - Apr 4, 2015