- Lower Cape Fear Hospice just joined Volunteer Onslow, welcome!
- Volunteers are still needed for United Way's Day of Action! . Check it out! http://t.co/71RGwPR4Zs
- Texas Roadhouse is doing a fundraiser night for us on Tuesday 4p-10p. Please stop by, eat and 10% of your bill will go to United Way!
- Happy to celebrate a successful JAM ONslow this past Saturday! Thank you for everyone who joined us - including all the volunteers!
- JAM ONslow - just 1 more day to get advanced ticket prices at $20 at http://t.co/uqHIp9Ax5K
About Volunteer Onslow
Volunteer Onslow is THE place for volunteerism in Onslow County. We work with a variety of agencies across the county to discover their needs, and we fill those needs with willing volunteers from the community. Sign up, GET CONNECTED, and start volunteering TODAY!
United Way is committed to recruiting one million volunteer readers, tutors and mentors. It takes 12 years to create a student who graduates or who drops out, but during that time:
VOLUNTEER READERS can help ensure children can read well by 4th grade, when they will start using their reading skills to learn;
VOLUNTEER TUTORS can help prepare students for a successful transition into middle and high school and be ready for new challenges; and
VOLUNTEER MENTORS can help prepare high school students for college or work.
United Way is seeking one million people just like you to join us to help children success in school. Anyone with a passion and commitment can help a young person achieve greater academic success.
Thank you joining United Way of Onslow County in doing their part for our community. Change won't happen without you.
- James B: joined the site - Mar 10, 2014
- Torry W: joined the site - Mar 9, 2014
- Rose H: replied to the Need "Volunteers" - Mar 7, 2014
- Rose H: replied to the Need "Gleaning Volunteers/Harvesters/Distributors" - Mar 7, 2014
- Rose H: replied to the Need "Disaster Response Volunteers" - Mar 7, 2014
- Rose H: replied to the Need "Life Size Candy Land Event" - Mar 7, 2014
- Rose H: replied to the Need "Remodeling/Painting " - Mar 7, 2014
- Rose H: joined the site - Mar 7, 2014
- Bonnie B: replied to the Need "Hospice Volunteers" - Mar 7, 2014
- Bonnie B: joined the site - Mar 7, 2014
- United Way: posted a new need "Gas Cards " - Mar 7, 2014
- United Way: posted a new need "Emergency Response - Logistics " - Mar 5, 2014
- United Way: posted a new need "Emergency Response Committee Chairperson" - Mar 4, 2014
- Autism Society of North Carolina Onslow County Chapter: posted a new event "Autism Motorcycle Ride" - Feb 28, 2014