About Volunteer Onslow
Volunteer Onslow is THE place for volunteerism in Onslow County. We work with a variety of agencies across the county to discover their needs, and we fill those needs with willing volunteers from the community. Sign up, GET CONNECTED, and start volunteering TODAY!
United Way is committed to recruiting one million volunteer readers, tutors and mentors. It takes 12 years to create a student who graduates or who drops out, but during that time:
VOLUNTEER READERS can help ensure children can read well by 4th grade, when they will start using their reading skills to learn;
VOLUNTEER TUTORS can help prepare students for a successful transition into middle and high school and be ready for new challenges; and
VOLUNTEER MENTORS can help prepare high school students for college or work.
United Way is seeking one million people just like you to join us to help children success in school. Anyone with a passion and commitment can help a young person achieve greater academic success.
Thank you joining United Way of Onslow County in doing their part for our community. Change won't happen without you.
- Brittany Z: replied to the Need "Soup Kitchen Helpers" - Aug 21, 2014
- Telisa C: joined the site - Aug 21, 2014
- Christeena R: replied to the Need "Gala - Planning Event" - Aug 20, 2014
- Christeena R: replied to the Need "Campaign Media Assembly " - Aug 20, 2014
- Debbie P: replied to the Need "United Way - Administrative Volunteer" - Aug 18, 2014
- Debbie P: replied to the Need "Office Assistance " - Aug 18, 2014
- Debbie P: replied to the Need "Gala & Auction (Day of Event Volunteer Needs)" - Aug 18, 2014
- Debbie P: replied to the Need "Volunteers" - Aug 18, 2014
- Debbie P: replied to the Need "Mentors Needed" - Aug 18, 2014
- Debbie P: replied to the Need "Guardian Ad Litem's" - Aug 18, 2014
- United Way: posted a new need "Campaign Media Assembly " - Aug 20, 2014
- Foundation for Hospice: posted a new event "Faces of Compassion Gala & Casino Night" - Jul 31, 2014
- United Way: posted a new need "2/8 Marines Group Volunteering " - Jul 21, 2014
- Autism Society of North Carolina Onslow County Chapter: posted a new event "Zombie Walk for Autism" - Jul 17, 2014